Bill Johnson has attended Dalraida since 1978 and was appointed as an elder in June 1998 after serving the congregation as a deacon for 12 years. His primary areas of responsibility include overseeing the youth and college programs, transportation, audio/visual, and joint financial oversight with Jim Russell. Bill retired as a manager with the Federal Aviation Administration in January 2009 after 38 years of federal government service. Bill and his wife, Jill, have been married for over
thirty years and they have one son, Hunter.
Bob McKee was appointed elder in November 1981. He has primary responsibilities over missions and the physical church building. Bob has served as executive director of the Alabama Board of Cosmetology since 2003. He lives in rural Elmore County with his wife, Faye, to whom he has been married for
fifty-two years. They have two children and three grandchildren.
Steve was appointed as an elder in April 2001. His primary responsibilities are with the Education Department and Worship Services. Steve retired from the Montgomery County Board of Education in 2004 and now is an Assistant Professor at Faulkner University where he teaches in the Physical Education and Sports Management department. Steve and his wife, Pat, have been married for twenty-five years and have three children − Laura, Drew and Will.
Jim was appointed as an elder in June 1998. His primary duties cover the benevolence programs, outside grounds, and he works with Bill Johnson on finances. He is a retired U.S. Postal clerk. He and his wife, Lorraine, live in Montgomery and have been married for
forty-five years. They have a son and a daughter and three granddaughters.
Dean was appointed as an elder in January 2010. He previously served the congregation as a deacon and worked primarily with our education program.
He is a Software Consultant currently supporting the
U.S. Air Force. He and his wife, Stephanie, have been married for
over twenty years and they have three daughters.
Our Deacons (and area of work)
- Robert Allen (DIRT Program)
- Tony Allen (Shut-Ins; Transitions Ministry)
- David Baker (Missions-Foreign/China)
- Rob Baker (Education-Children)
- Mark Bedgood (Education-Children)
- Derward Bird (Benevolence)
- Joe Blazer (Fellowships; College Ministry)
- Mark Davidson (Missions-Local Missions; Major Disaster Relief Ministry)
- Dwight Davis (Library/Tracts)
- Louis Hartzog (Benevolence)
- Tim Hatch (Contributions; Calling & Caring Ministry)
- Jeff Hatcher (Youth/6th-12th)
- Steve Hatcher (Communion; Techinical Equipment Operation)
- Wayne Hatcher (Church Bus Maintenance; Greeters & Visitor Info; Missions)
- Jim Henry (Education-Adult)
- Freddie Johnston (Hospital ER Teddy Bears; Benevolence; Recorded Services)
- Bryan Jurkofsky (Security; Men's Ministry)
- John Kachelman III (Missions-Ukraine/Russia; Technology, Office & Database Mgmt.; Media Outreach)
- Lonnie Keeton (Women's Ministry)
- Chris Mulkey (Youth/6th-12th)
- David Owen (Missions-Domestic/USA; Jr. Youth/3rd-5th; Primetimers)
- Bill Pemberton (Building & Grounds-Maintenance; Transitions Ministry)
- Buddy Renahan (VBS; Worship Outreach)
- David Schofield (Huddle Group/up to 3rd)
- Josh Sipper (VBS; Orphans)
- Walt Spiro (Seniors Serving Christ/Hilltoppers & Silverthreads)
- Larry Stowe (Transportaion; Baby Boomers)
- Mark Thornton (Worship Assignments)
- Curly Turner (Worship-Counting)
- Derrek Wilson (Young Professionals; Missions-Congregation Mission Trips)
- David Wingard (Technical Equipment-Operation, Maintenance, & Installation)